Five tips for coping with college stress
KPCC - 10/29/2015
This time of year is especially high pressure with essay deadlines and exam prep, so burnout expert Kristen Lee Costa, Ed.D. conducted qualitative research to find the best coping mechanisms for the students she studied. Without them, students’ work can suffer.
In her research, Costa found five key lessons to keep in mind when dealing with college-related stress. On AirTalk, she’ll delve into them, but here’s her shortlist as first published on “The Huffington Post:”
1. Know that education is a privilege.
2. Don’t scratch that ridiculous perfectionism itch.
3. Resist the bait of imposter syndrome.
4. Become a time management ninja.
5. Remember you’re not alone.