Students are returning to campus this week for the fall semester. To ensure a smooth move-in process, Northeastern will implement temporary parking and traffic restrictions this week that faculty and staff parking permit holders should be aware of.
“Overall, the streets on and around campus will be very busy,” said Marina Macomber, assistant vice president for student affairs. “Many students and families will be unloading their cars and pushing bins filled with their belongings across those streets. All of our parking facilities will be used for students and families arriving on campus. Faculty and staff members who are able to take public transportation may find it easiest for them to do so.”
Changes to traffic patterns around campus:
• Forsyth Street will be a one-way road between Huntington Avenue and Hemenway Street on Saturday, Sept. 5, and Sunday, Sept. 6.
Changes to parking lot availability:
• The North and Camden Surface lots are already closed to parking permit holders and will remain closed until Monday, Sept. 7, at 7 a.m.
• The West Village Garage will be closed to everyone except preferred parking permit holders from Friday, Sept. 4, through Sunday, Sept. 6. The garage will re-open to all permit holders on Monday, Sept. 7.
• The Forsyth Lot will be closed starting Thursday, Sept. 3, at 11 p.m. and will re-open to all permit holders on Monday, Sept. 7.
• The Burke Street Lot will have limited parking on Saturday, Sept. 5, and Sunday, Sept. 6. The Burke Street entrance will be closed; the lot can be accessed from Coventry Street.
• Individuals with day parking decals may park in the Columbus Parking Garage.
• Those who have overnight parking decals should park in the Renaissance Park Garage or Columbus Parking Garage.
Day permit holders are reminded that failure to remove vehicles each day by 11 p.m. will result in a towing charge at the owner’s expense.
Anyone with questions should contact the Facilities Customer Service Center at 617.373.2754.