*Published on September 1, 2020*
Dear Northeastern University community,
I am writing to share with you a few important updates about the COVID-19 Test Scheduler and how you access your test results. We have added new features to the COVID-19 Test Scheduler, including reminders and notifications for those required to get tested frequently on the Boston campus.
Updates to the COVID-19 Test Scheduler
The COVID-19 Test Scheduler now has the following enhancements to reinforce the testing requirements for our Boston students, faculty, staff, and contract employees:
- Scheduling tests and reminder notifications – After logging in and scheduling your first test, the COVID-19 Test Scheduler will now send email notifications reminding you of your testing cadence. Students who have not already completed the initial back-to-school testing protocol can now schedule all three of these initial tests upon signing in to the COVID-19 Test Scheduler. Faculty and staff who are regularly on campus are required to get tested twice per week, and will be reminded to schedule their appointments through these email notifications.
- “Regularly In-Person” vs. “Regularly Remote” – Beginning on August 29th, all students, faculty, and staff are listed in the COVID-19 Test Scheduler with a status of “Regularly In-Person.” Students, faculty, and staff who are remote and do not come to the Boston campus regularly will need to sign in to the Test Scheduler and switch their status to “Regularly Remote.” Remember, if you are remote on most days and occasionally come to the Boston campus—even for brief one-time access, such as picking up items from a locker or office—you will need to schedule a COVID-19 test on campus.
- Appointment cancellation – If you need to cancel a testing appointment, you may now do so directly in the COVID-19 Test Scheduler. If you cancel a testing appointment, you will also need to remove it from your Northeastern Office 365 calendar (and personal calendar, if applicable). Cancellations will be processed immediately in the Test Scheduler, so that you can immediately reschedule your test appointment.
How to Access Your COVID-19 Test Results
After being tested on the Boston campus, you will be notified of your results via email. Test samples are currently being processed by Northeastern’s Life Sciences Testing Center (LSTC) in Burlington and by the Broad Institute. The email notification of your result will come from the laboratory that processed your sample and will direct you to the laboratory’s secure online portal (the Broad Institute’s portal is called CareEvolve). Please pay close attention to your emails, including your spam folder, to make sure you do not miss these important notifications.
- Northeastern’s COVID-19 Test Results Portal – If your test was processed by Northeastern’s LSTC labs, your results will be available through Northeastern’s secure COVID-19 Test Results Portal.
- At the time of your testing check-in at Cabot, you will receive an email from Northeastern COVID-19 Testing with login instructions attached in a PDF. Please look for this email and save it.
- If your test result is negative, you will receive a second email within 36-48 hours after you test from Northeastern COVID-19 Testing letting you know that your test results are ready to view in the portal. Please use the login information from the previous email to access your results in the portal.
- In a future release of the portal, you will be able to use your myNortheastern username and password to log in.
- For help resetting your password and logging in to the results portal, the IT Service Desk is available to help, 24/7, all year long. Please call 617.373.HELP  for support.
- Broad Institute’s CareEvolve Test Results Portal – If your test was processed by the Broad Institute, your results will be available through the Broad’s CareEvolve secure portal.
- If your test result is negative, you will receive an email from CareEvolve@lknotification.com with subject line “Lab results available from your provider.” The first time you receive results from CareEvolve, this email will contain information about how to register an account and log in to view your results.
- For any help resetting your password and logging in to the results portal, contact CareEvolve Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of a positive result, you will first receive a personal phone call from a member of Northeastern’s team with instructions. Your results will also be accessible through the processing laboratory’s secure online portal. In case of a partial, NA (not available), inconclusive result, or “test not processed” result, you will be notified that you need to repeat the test. This means the original sample was insufficient to run the test or another problem arose during testing that prevented a conclusive result.
If you have questions about testing and test results, please read the Testing FAQs which are updated regularly. You can also email NUCovid19Qs@northeastern.edu or call 617.373.7333. This inbox and phone line are monitored from 8:30 a.m. ET to 4:30 p.m. ET.
Vice President for Information Technology and CIO