*Published on August, 16, 2020*
Dear Northeastern University community,
Following up on Thursday’s university announcement about testing frequency and scheduling, we want to share important items that students, faculty and staff members will need to complete ahead of returning to campus and use throughout the fall semester. The Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation form is required for every member of the campus community to complete. The Daily Wellness Check tool should be used every day to assure individuals that they are asymptomatic and are safe to go to campus. The Informed Consent to Campus COVID-19 Screening form and the COVID-19 Test Scheduler are key to scheduling the required tests that everyone on our Boston campus must take to help promote a safe and healthy environment. Please bookmark services.northeastern.edu/wellness for convenient access to the Wellness Portal, where you can access each one of these tools.
Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation
As the university announced on Thursday, every member of the Northeastern community is required to complete the university’s Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation form as a prerequisite to returning to campus. Please read the attestation carefully and acknowledge by submitting the form. All Northeastern students, faculty and staff members are required to submit the attestation before their return to campus or before the start of the fall term, whichever date is earliest.
Daily Wellness Check
All Northeastern faculty, staff, and students will use the Daily Wellness Check to monitor for symptoms of and any known exposure to COVID-19. Please complete the Daily Wellness Check prior to coming to campus, or leaving your residence hall, each day. The tool will indicate whether you are cleared to come to campus, whether you should stay home, and provide next steps if you report symptoms of COVID-19.
Please bookmark wellness-check.northeastern.edu for daily access to the Daily Wellness Check. Automatic daily email reminders will be in place for the Daily Wellness Check later in August, along with a mobile app that can provide additional notifications.
COVID-19 Test Scheduler for the Boston Campus
The COVID-19 Test Scheduler is now available for scheduling a test for asymptomatic students, faculty and staff at the Cabot Physical Education Center on the Boston campus. Those who are currently on campus, or who arrive on campus this week, should schedule a test and begin their regular testing cadence. The test process will take about 10 minutes and results will be available within 36 hours.
Scheduling Your Test
- Faculty and staff continuing to work on campus or returning from remote work should schedule a test on their first day on campus beginning the week of August 17. This test can be scheduled at any point during their first day.
- Students will need to have three initial negative tests to be cleared to attend in-person classes for the fall term. They can schedule the first of their initial tests for the week of August 17 and will need to take tests again on the third and fifth day after that.
- Faculty members will need to receive a negative test result in the seven-day period prior to their return to the classroom — a test they can obtain on the Boston campus or elsewhere. They are welcome to schedule a test and begin their testing cycle as soon as the week of August 17.
- Please note: the testing center does not take walk-in appointments and you will need to schedule a testing appointment through the COVID-19 Test Scheduler. You will not be allowed to enter the testing center without a proof of your appointment time. This can be provided either by using a mobile device or by a print out from the COVID-19 Test Scheduler.
Using the Test Scheduler
- To ensure the best experience on the COVID-19 Test Scheduler, please have the Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome web browser installed. The Safari browser is not currently supported.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please submit the cancellation form.
Before You Arrive for Your Test
- Review and complete the Informed Consent to Campus COVID-19 Screening form
- Check your appointment time and have the appointment confirmation page ready on your mobile device when arriving at the testing center.
- Complete the Daily Wellness Check and be sure to know how to show the result page on your mobile device so you can show the staff to enter the testing center.
- Remember your nine-digit Northeastern University ID identification number, visible on your Daily Wellness Check screen
- If you believe you may need disability accommodations during testing, such as an American Sign Language interpreter or any other form of physical access, please get in touch with us. If you are a faculty or staff member, please contact HRM_ADA@northeastern.edu. If you are a student, please contact the Disability Resource Center at DRC@northeastern.edu.
Please remember to wear your mask both indoors and outdoors on campus along with your Husky Card displayed visibly on a lanyard. Lanyards are available for community members outside of the testing center. Remember to maintain a healthy distance from others.
Starting at the end of August, the COVID-19 Test Scheduler will send faculty, staff, and students automatic reminders about when you should schedule your next test. Until then, anyone currently on the Boston campus should bookmark covid19-testing.northeastern.edu and mark their calendar for the testing cycle so they can schedule a test accordingly.
- Faculty and staff will need to be tested every seven days after their first test, or whenever they are on campus if their visits are less frequent than once a week.
- Students will need to be tested on days three and five after their first test and every five days afterward.
- Anyone who comes to campus periodically, less than one day a week, will be required to have a test each day they come to campus.
We encourage you to bookmark the Wellness Portal at services.northeastern.edu/wellness so you have convenient access each of these tools as needed. For any technical support, the IT Service Desk is ready to assist. They are available 24/7 at 617.373.HELP , firstname.lastname@example.org, or via live chat on the Tech Service Portal. If you have additional questions on the wellness check and testing, please review the FAQs or contact NUCovid19Qs@northeastern.edu with other questions. As always, we encourage you to read the Faculty-Staff COVID-19 FAQs and the Northeastern Reopening website for updates and answers to your questions.
Thank you to the faculty, staff and students who will be the first to test these tools and to participate in Northeastern’s large-scale testing operation on the Boston campus.
Chancellor and Senior Vice President for Learning
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs