With thousands of students returning to campus this week for the start of the fall semester, here’s a helpful rundown of temporary parking and traffic changes that faculty and staff should be aware of to ensure a smooth move-in process.
(For students moving in during this period, more information about parking information and directions can be found here.)
• The North Lot on St. Stephen Street and the Camden Surface Lot on Columbus Avenue will be closed until Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 7 a.m. Both lots are being used for on-campus move-in.
• The West Village E Garage on Leon Street will be available only to preferred parking permit holders from Friday, Sept. 2, to Monday, Sept. 5. It will reopen to all permit holders on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
• The Forsyth Lot will close Friday, Sept. 2, at 11 p.m., and reopen to all permit holders on Monday, Sept. 5.
• The Burke Street Lot will have limited parking on Sunday, Sept. 4, and Monday, Sept. 5.
• People with day parking passes may park in the Columbus Avenue Garage. On Friday, Sept. 2, and Monday, Sept. 5, all vehicles traveling inbound to the Columbus Garage will need to approach on Columbus Avenue from Massachusetts Avenue.
• Any vehicle not removed by 11 p.m. from the parking lots with restrictions will be towed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles with overnight parking decals can be parked either in the Columbus Garage or the Renaissance Park Garage.
Anyone with questions can call the Facilities Customer Service Center at 617.373.2754.