Pre-Testing Checklist—Before You Come to Campus for the First Time
Visit services.northeastern.edu/wellness and make sure you’ve checked this off your list:
- Completed the Expectations for return to Campus Attestation form
- Completed the COVID-19 testing consent form
- Visited the COVID-19 Test Schedulerand verified your Boston Campus Presence—”Primarily Remote” or “Primarily In-Person”–is correct. Switch your status to Primarily Remote if you will be on campus one day a week or less.
- Scheduled a test in the COVID-19 Test Schedulerfor the first day you are on campus. A test can be scheduled up to seven days in advance.
- Completed your Daily Wellness Check, a daily to-do item for any day you come to campus.
At the Testing Center—Cabot Physical Education Center
- Go to northeastern.edu/wellness on your mobile phone and click on My Current Wellness Status to pull up the Daily Wellness Check Status. You’ll see a QR code, your NU ID number, and the time of your scheduled test. You may also bring a printed copy of this page if you prefer.
- Watch for the signage and join the Faculty/Staff or Student line.
- Show your Current Wellness Status screen to the staff so they can scan your QR code to verify you showed up for your test, you signed the consent form, and you have an appointment within 30 minutes of your arrival time.Check-In
- A staff member will direct you to a check-in station when you’re at the front of the line.
- Hold your Current Wellness Status screen up to the plexiglass so the check-in staff can see your NU ID number to look you up in the testing portal.
- If check-in staff cannot find you by NU ID or last name, you may not yet be in the system. Be prepared to give the following information to the check-in staff: full name, date of birth, sex, race, ethnicity, residential address, personal phone number, and Northeastern email address. A positive test result is shared by phone, so please make sure you provide a cell phone number.
- Confirm the information on the monitor is accurate and give the check-in staff a thumbs-up.
- Take the sticker they print for you and double-check that your name and date of birth on the sticker are correct.
- A staff member will direct you and two other testing participants to a swabbing station where you’ll find a sterile tube and a swab. Stand six feet apart from others at the swabbing station.
- Wait for instructions from the staff member before you begin.
- Place your sticker onto the tube and take the swab from the packaging. At the direction of the staff, you’ll insert the swab a half-inch inside your nostril and rotate it for 15 seconds in each nostril.
- Then place the swab into the tube, tip down, and place the cap on the tube. Leave the tube on the table.
- Follow the signage to exit. Hand sanitizer is available as you exit.
Accessing your Test Results
- Your test results should be available to you within 36 hours. If your test result is inconclusive, you will receive an email from University Health Counseling Services. If your test is positive, you will receive a call from our wellness team.
- If your test result is negative, you’ll get an email notification when your test results are ready to view in a secure test results portal. Links to the test results portals are available at northeastern.edu/wellness.
- If your email comes from email@example.com, log into the LSTC test results portal using your Northeastern username and password.
- If your email comes from CareEvolve@lknotification.comwith subject line “Lab results available from your provider,” follow the email instructions to log into the CareEvolve test results portal and view your results.
If you have any issues or questions about logging into the test results portals, the IT Service Desk is available to help.