50th Anniversary Of March On Washington
WBUR - 08/28/2013
Fifty years ago today, Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech at the March on Washington (video below).
The “Let Freedom Ring” commemoration today on the National Mall in Washington marked the anniversary with speeches and performances by people including President Obama, civil rights leaders and members of the King family (full video here).
Audio of Here & Now’s two hours of special coverage is available above. See more stories on the anniversary here.
- Margaret Burnham, professor at Northeastern University School of Law and founder of the the school’s Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Project.
- Ron Elving, senior Washington editor for NPR. He tweets @relving.
- Julian Zelizer, professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University. He tweets @julianzelizer.
- Linda Linda Wertheimer, senior national correspondent for NPR.
- Mary Pat Hector, national youth director for National Action Network and founder of Youth in Action.