Skip to content
  • 15 Last-minute deductions you don’t want to forget

    Fox Business - 03/20/2016

    If you’ve hosted an international student while they studied in the U.S., there’s a tax break for that. You can deduct $50 for any month when an exchange student lives in your home for 15 days or more.To qualify, it “requires an official agreement with a sponsoring organization, and the student must be a full-time high school or secondary school student and not a member of your family or a relative,” said Tim Gagnon, assistant academic professor of accounting at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University.

  • Cookies on Northeastern sites

    This website uses cookies and similar technologies to understand your use of our website and give you a better experience. By continuing to use the site or closing this banner without changing your cookie settings, you agree to our use of cookies and other technologies. To find out more about our use of cookies and how to change your settings, please go to our Privacy Statement.