For some 2,800 students in Northeastern’s 2014 entering class, move-in and Welcome Week are where college life begins. Here are five tips to help you make the most of the experience:
- This year, Welcome Week will formally take place from Saturday, Aug. 30 – Saturday, Sept. 6, with some events starting as early as Wednesday, Aug. 27. To get you started, download the convenient Guidebook app for information on student organizations, important contact lists, and campus maps. Find out more about all things Welcome Week here.
- In your move-in packet is specific information about where to report upon your arrival to campus. This location varies according to your move-in date. You can find all move-in packets, and also get more information and a link to download a parking pass here. For off-campus student move-in, more information can be found here.
- The days will go by quickly, and it’s important to make time to eat. Here are the operating hours for campus dining facilities for Aug. 24 to Sept. 1.
- Looking for some additional advice about starting your first year at Northeastern? Upperclassmen are here to help! Check out these tips from your fellow Huskies about how to make the most of your Northeastern experience.
- There’s no better place to experience the “Start of Something Great” than at the first annual Fall Fest on Sept. 1 from 1-4 p.m. in Krentzman Quad. The free festival will feature music, giveaways, entertainment, games, Boston food trucks, and a chance to learn about the organizations that make Northeastern a vibrant and special community.