As thousands of students move to campus this week for the start of the fall semester, there are several temporary parking changes that faculty and staff members at the university’s Boston campus should keep in mind. Here’s a rundown.
Note: For students moving in during this period, more information about parking information and directions can be found online.
- The North Lot on St. Stephen Street will be closed until Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 5:30 a.m.
- The West Village E Garage on Leon Street will only be available to preferred parking permit holders from Saturday, Sept. 2, though Monday, Sept. 4. It will reopen to all permit holders on Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 5:30 a.m.
- The Forsyth Lot will be closed from 11 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1, through 5:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 4.
- The section of Melnea Cass Boulevard between Tremont Street and Columbus Avenue will be open only to move-in traffic from Saturday, Sept. 2, through Monday, Sept. 4.
- Any vehicle not removed by 11 p.m. from the parking lots with restrictions will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. Vehicles with overnight parking permits may be parked either in the Columbus Garage or the Renaissance Park Garage.
Anyone with questions should call the Facilities Customer Service Center at 617.373.2754.